Monday, January 19, 2015

Lesson Planning

This week I am starting to do my own lesson plans for a class.  One form that my CT gave me uses the 5 E's.  The five E's are engage, explore, explain, elaborate, and evaluate.  My CT said that this is the one that the department uses when they have to do evaluations.  I like using this one because it gets you to think about what can come up during the lesson, more than what is actually in the lesson.  At our school our lessons and activities are very similar for each teacher.  So this lesson plan template gets you to anticipate what is going to come up and questions that the students may ask.  I don't think that I am the best at planing these those because I just haven't had the experiences designing them for students.  However, I do think that when I get more experiences with actual students, my lesson plans will get exponentially better.

1 comment:

  1. Could you post these 5 E's to the Google Drive folder set up by Jordan (I believe)? I like looking at different styles of lesson plans and picking things that I like from them to make my own template. I might even put the 5 E's you mentioned at the bottom of my lesson to remind myself to look through and see if I did those things. One thing that is common at the school that I am at, is having the back side with the questions:
    1. What went really well?
    2. What didn't work so well?
    3. Student Questions and Misconceptions:
    4. Formative Results:
    5. General Comments:

    This allows you to reflect on your lesson, even if you just jot a few things down in between classes, that you can use to improve your lesson planning experience. And of course, like you said, the more experiences you have the easier it will be to achieve those 5 E's.

    ReplyDelete