Sunday, March 15, 2015

Job Search

Since we didn't have school this week, I thought about writing about my experiences with the job search.  During spring break, I had my first interview.  I had no idea of what to expect when walking into the interview.  I tried to tell myself not to be nervous, but no matter how hard I tried, I was still really nervous.  Luckily, I was provided the list of questions I could look at during the interview in the order that they were going to ask them.  This was very helpful because I could kind of prepare my answers in my head while the interview team was writing things down.  Hopefully this is the case for every interview I have because I don't know what I would have done without it.  The other thing that I didn't like about having my first interview was that I didn't know how well I did because I don't have any other experiences to base it off of.  So when people asked me how the interview went. I didn't know what to tell them because I had no clue on if I did good or bad.  I didn't think I did too well in the interview.  I was a nervous wreck and thought I could have done way better.  Luckily, someone I know is good friends with one of the interviewers and they said I didn't do too bad, so fingers crossed that this will be the only interview that I have to do!

3 comments:

  1. That is awesome that you had an interview already! I am sure that it went well. You have a lot of good experiences to draw from and I have seen you teach and you do really well! I miss our activities that we'd make at our practicum.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck! I'm sure you did great! The first interview made me nervous as well because like you said we had no idea what to expect.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't had any interviews yet. I'm nervous, especially since I'll have to drive out to Nebraska for interviews, so I'll have lots of time to get nervous. LOL. Are you hoping to stay in southeast nebraska?

    ReplyDelete