Another area I need to work on is the diversity of the ways I teach my lessons. Right now I usually have just one way of explaining things to my students. If a student doesn't really get it right away, I have have a hard time of trying to explain it in a different way. I do think that this will just come with more time teaching and experience. Another thing that I can do to get better at this also is to do a little research on the topic before I start teaching it. This could get a couple more ideas in my head for that topic so that all the students can learn from the lesson.
Sunday, April 12, 2015
Professional Developement
I think that the one thing that I need to work on would definitely be my classroom management. The one thing I need to do in order to be better at this is to follow through with my disciplining. I usually give the student a warning and the next time that they talk they will get a detention. The first warning usually quiets them for the rest of the period. There have been some times where the student has talked and I haven't given any discipline for it. I can definitely tell that that has had an effect on my classroom after that. My warnings aren't carrying anymore weight and the kids. They'll just keep talking. I have given a couple of detentions but that hasn't quite worked either though. So in the future I need to be more consistent with my disciplining and carry out on the punishments. If classroom isn't where I want it to be, I need to be a more assertive and get it where I want it to be.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Consistency is one thing that both of my CTs have really pushed. I know in my own life and that of my children consistency makes a huge difference, and I've seen it make a difference in students both when I do and don't do it.
ReplyDelete